Friday, April 29, 2011

You're still there?

Jeez louize it's been a while since my last post. This is gonna be THAT blog post that just about every travel blog has where I say something along the lines of

"Oh my God! Things have been liiike so great lately that I haven't had time to blog!"...or...
"Things have just become liiike so normal over here that I just don't have anymore crazy stories!"...or...
"Has it been 8 months already?!?! You know what they say, time flies when you're having fun!!!"

This is me trying to avoid all those cheesy blog lines. But, being a Sconnie, cheese is in my veins. So here's to me bringin' the cheese...

It's been just about 40 days since my last post (which works out perfect since I gave up blogging for Lent) so I'm going to try to fill you in with what's happenin lately.

- Received word that my hard drive was not recoverable. That means all photos, videos, songs, lesson plans, first 2 seasons of Gossip Girl, and movies are all gone because I didn't have anything backed up. Ya learn the hard way. Lucky for me, Julie backed up all my SE Asia and Colombia pics, and my Mom has all my study abroad pics (right?).

- Went biking in southern Korea in a province called Gyeongju

- Celebrated a 24th birthday in a park called Seoul Forest (definitely not a forest) and then went out in a fave area called Hongdae. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

- (Also received a bottle of Suaza Tequila from my co-teacher for my bday. Unexpected but appreciated)

- Went bungee jumping with Greg, Tay (kind of), and Jules! (still working on a video / slideshow)


- Still haven't finished blogging about SE Asia! (Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and Phu Quoc still coming)

- Nor have I finished photos from aforementioned countries. I've been busy blah blah blah.

- Received an incredible Super Bowl Champs sweatshirt from Jules. Takin that sucker to the grave with me.

- Started playing fantasy baseball with some fellow English teachers. Goodbye websites not named espn.com/fantasy. Nice knowing you.

- Gone on a Golfzon (basically virtual golf) binge. Everything in excess. All the time.

- Ate all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ. You get the drill.

- Realized I won't be attending Mifflin this weekend for the first time in 6 years. It's been a nice run, Mifflin. (my Sunday morning self just went ecstatic)

- Oh and BOUGHT TICKETS TO HONG KONG an hour ago. I was unexpectedly just given next Monday off, along with Tuesday a holiday, and looked into flights. Got real lucky with prices/dates. Need to do more research but as long as I see the Hong Kong Harbor and the skyscraper from The Dark Knight, I'll be happy.


1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha.
    your birthday/bunjee jumping/HONG KONG TICKET/ sounds amazing and im uber jelly of you.
    je vous aime mon frere

    ReplyDelete