Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yin and Yang: free days off and a Mac-cident

Deepest apologies for my lack of blogging to my few followers out there, i.e. Mom. My recap of SEA (new abbreviation for SouthEast Asia) has hit a few more hurdles on top of general laziness lack of time.

Hurdle #1

Exactly a week ago today, I requested Friday off in order to get a jump start to a weekend at a ski resort called YongPyong. My school declined the initial requests until I told them the only direct shuttle leaving on Friday was at 9am. They knew Jules had the next 2 weeks off but still wouldn't grant me a free pass for Friday. That is until the end of the day, when the Vice Principal and a co-teacher came to my desk and told me I have the next 2 weeks off as well. They initially wouldn't budge in giving me Friday off, but 2 weeks of paid vacation-which-doesn't-count-towards-my-20-vacation-days is fine. Oooooookayyyyyy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful, but it's pretty surreal the way it went down. Anyways, since I do 99% of my blogging when I'm chilling at school and can't find any more new articles about how awesome the Green Bay Packers are have finished work, I won't get much accomplished while at home.

Hurt-le #2

I especially will not be able to blog if I don't have a computer that WORKS. Typing on this Samsung laptop has never hurt so much, because my 9-month old (!!!!!!!!) Macbook Pro has become a Macbook Pro-blem. Last Thursday the hard drive, or HDD for you techies out there who aren't used to seeing computer acronyms typed out, fetusly decided that 9 months was all the time it needed before it was time to peace out.

Apple in Korea has been generally unhelpful (you hear that Apple Corporate?) but it won't cost a dime to replace the hard drive since it's under warranty. It will, however, cost an arm and a leg to recover all of my files. Unfortunately, unpublished videos and photos, music, and other crap is worth the arm AND leg.

So put a temporary freeze on any Picasa or Flip publications until I figure out a solution. Until then, more posts to come about:

Malaysia
Thailand
Vietnam
YongPyong Ski Resort

No comments:

Post a Comment